Sunday, July 12, 2015

University Choices of Transfer

         Hey guys! I thought it would be interesting to write about university choices after OTC, because it's probably on a lot of your minds like it is on mine. When I get my Associate's degree, I pretty much have any choice of what I want to do and where I want to study. I could go back to Missouri State, which seems to be the best choice at this point. I went to MSU my first year out of high school and there were definitely pros and cons about it. One big negative I experienced was living in the dorms, because of the leash I felt like I was wearing. I was constantly around students whose parents were paying for their college, which rubbed me the wrong way because I was paying for it on my own. I feel like I could have had a better experience if I lived off campus and was surrounded by people more in my boat of life and what I was dealing with at the time. The pros were definitely the experience of attending an actual university to see how much harder the work load is. I also thought that the teachers were very helpful and explained things way better than teachers did in high school. I felt like the professors were mostly there to actually see their students learn and succeed. I also have a choice of going out of state to maybe Arkansas, where I grew up and my family still lives there. Obviously this would be an easy choice too, but as far as friends and peers there, I would have to start from scratch. I have also thought of the benefits of going to a new place I have never been to before once I feel ready to, and just start new with fresh beginnings. I think college is multiple things to a lot of people. Some see college as strictly education, but I see it as a vulnerable time for life lessons to be learned too. I would like to hear what you guys are thinking for your future education, and if you have ever been to a university what was your experience like? Have a good day guys!

3 comments:

  1. Taylor, T
    I hope you find school that fits you best. I'm sorry your dorm life was so difficult. Thank you for putting this out here. I am looking forward to other responses as well.This is only my first semester, yet the choices already haunt me. As for my choice, my mind says Drury, my "want" say Evangel, and the best I can tell, my heart says MSU.
    I would also like to thank you for your posts. In the Jungs Typology test, I learned that I do not think logical enough. This did not surprise me at all. I made it a goal to try to add some logic to my writing. That meant I must set aside some thoughts and feelings and think more logically. I am not very good at that at all. However, when I set my mind to something, I will usually achieve it eventually. I made a decision to read more logical articles. It didn't take long to notice that your posts would offer me some insight into this type of thoughts. I have enjoyed reading your blogs, the ones I had time to squeeze in, and would very much enjoy hearing more from you. Thanks for sharing who you are. It blessed me tremendously.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. College is different for everyone. You have to feel out what fits you best. I wish you the best. Moving away from your family is a formidable accomplishment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. College is different for everyone. You have to feel out what fits you best. I wish you the best. Moving away from your family is a formidable accomplishment. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete