Sunday, July 12, 2015

Forgiveness

          Hello guys, I hope you're having a great summer! I had an interesting idea for a blog post, and would like to just free write about the word forgiveness. When I look at the word forgiveness, many ideas and memories come to mind that others probably don't see. I first remember when I was a kid, when my parents, teachers, and family members, would try to teach us kids what to do when the opportunity to forgive someone arises. One problem with teaching the word this way, every forgiveness ever given has it's own meaning that no other situation has ever duplicated. The person's feelings about why they are forgiving an individual or group, can be pretty complex and unique. I see forgiveness as something you have to learn how to do to have issues that are all resolved. Do you have trouble sleeping at night due to stress and anxiety? It could be because there are many unresolved issues that are in your subconscious mind. If we all took time to face all the issues and problems we have in just one day and forgave the person that was holding us to that problem, how much benefit would we see? I know it's easier said than done but forgiving another person can go a long ways. Life is too short to focus on the hate and no good. If we ever expect to have a truly beautiful world, changes will need to be made on a grand scale. Instead of teaching that fighting is the best way to deal with problems, we should teach that forgiving and loving the person who did wrong in the first place, will more so show them to never do it again. It is a difficult word to grasp, but I challenge you to start thinking about it every day and how it effects your life on a daily basis for better or worst. Let me know what you guys think about forgiveness, I look forward to seeing!

2 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is a very good and difficult thing to accomplish. Life is too short to hold grudges. Although it is sometimes difficult, forgiveness is as good for you as it is for the recipient. The effect of held-back aggression can directly have many negative effects on your body and mind. Like my son often sings, "Let it go."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgiveness is a very good and difficult thing to accomplish. Life is too short to hold grudges. Although it is sometimes difficult, forgiveness is as good for you as it is for the recipient. The effect of held-back aggression can directly have many negative effects on your body and mind. Like my son often sings, "Let it go."

    ReplyDelete